Prof St John Crean – Oral & Maxillofacial Services, Lytham
BDS MBBS FDSRCS FFGDP(UK) FRCS FRCS(OMFS) PHD
Dean Of School of Medicine and Dentistry
University of Central Lancashire
Executive Dean of College of Clinical and Biomedical Sciences at University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) following previous posts of Director of Dental Research and Knowledge Transfer, Dean of the School of Postgraduate Medical and Dental Education.
Specialises in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Consultant in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon at Blackpool Victoria Hospitals trust and Honorary Consultant at University of Morecambe Bay Hospitals Foundation Trust.
Currently the Robert Bradlaw advisor in the Faculty of Dental Surgery at the Royal College of Surgeons of England and Editor in Chief of the Faculty Dental Journal. Previously President of the Northwest Branch of the British Dental Association but remains Chairman of the Fylde Section
St. John holds examiner-ships nationally and internationally advising on the establishment of many dental undergraduate and postgraduate courses and has research interests in the role of oral bacteria in systemic disease and the biology of stem cells derived from dental pulp.
I accept referrals for;
- Impacted teeth
- Cystic lesions of the jaws
- Retained roots requiring surgical removal
- Abnormal swellings of the jaws and associated soft tissues
- Multiple extractions with moderate to severe complexity, e.g. bulbous and sclerosed/ankylosed teeth
- Infections and chronic lesions related to any of the above
- Mulitidisciplinary care
- Block grafting
- Oral Medicine including malignancy and pre-malignancy
- Skin lesions of the head and neck
- Cranio-facial pain