IV (Intravenous) sedation
Ideal for nervous patients and long treatment sessions.
A single drug (Midazolam) is given intravenously and works within a couple of minutes.You have dental injections after the sedation is given and the dental procedure is carried out as normal.
Our sedation team are trained to a high standard to monitor you throughout the procedure.
There are many advantages to using intravenous sedation
- IV sedation induces a state of deep relaxation and a feeling of not being bothered by what’s going on.
- The drug used for IV sedation produce either partial or full memory loss (amnesia) for the period of time when the drug first kicks in until it wears off. As a result, time will appear to pass very quickly and you will not recall much of what has happened. Many people remember nothing at all. So it may, indeed, appear as if you were asleep during the procedure.
- Ideal for patients who;
- Have fear of dental treatment
- History of traumatic dental experiences
- Difficulty going numb
- Have a bad gag reflex or difficulty opening their mouths
- Extremely sensitive teeth
- Medical conditions potentially aggravated by stress
Patients who are not suitable;
- Certain medical conditions including allergies
- If you are pregnant
- If you live alone or have no one to care for you after the procedure